Dog grooming is a vital part of maintaining the well-being and health of your dog and can even improve their lifespan.
All breeds require daily grooming and how much depends on the breed, age and health of your pooch. Regular grooming helps to ensure your Dog is healthy and comfortable and it’s important to note that while many dogs shed, others such as the poodle do not shed as profusely and require grooming by a professional every 6 – 8 weeks maximum.
The main reasons for daily grooming include:
- Decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches and other skin problems
- General cleanliness of your Dog
- Monitoring your Dog’s health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- Forging of a closer bond between you and your Dog
- Reducing infestation load of external parasites on their skin
INTRODUCING MELANIE NEWMAN
Melanie Newman is one of Australia’s leading professional groomers and will be presenting the ASK A GROOMER grooming demonstrations throughout the duration of the Dog Lovers Show on stand 380.
Melanie Newman Salon Essentials will have product demos, grooming demos , professional groomers all weekend to ask all your grooming questions.
Product advice from leading professionals in the grooming industry.
Click here to view Melanie Newman’s bio.