Tickets to the Dog Lovers Show are available online or at the door.
We recommend booking tickets in advance to SAVE up to 20% off the door price and gain express entry through our special VIP Lane giving you more time at the Show and the event is open from 9.30am to 5pm daily.
It’s great value for money as once you’ve purchased your ticket everything you see and do in the show is free! You’ll experience a jam packed day full of doggy love, canine-entertainment, education & information. Even the face-painting for kids is free!
TYPE ONLINE ON-SITE DESCRIPTION
Adult $25 $30 Ages 16 and over
Child $12 $15 Ages 5 to 16 (Kids under 5 FREE)
Pensioner $17 $20 Proof of card required at entry
Family $68 $80 2 Adults and 2 Children (must arrive together)
The Herald Sun Newspaper is included in the ticket price (not a free product) for the first 1,500 visitors to enter on Friday and the first 2,500 visitors to enter on Saturday and Sunday.
Registered carers do not need to purchase a ticket (the person in your care must still purchase a ticket) and identification needs to be shown at the door. Registered Assistance and Guide Dogs are welcome to enter the Show but identification must be shown upon entry.
The event opens half an hour earlier in 2016 (from 9.30am to 5pm) as there is even more to see and do so this provides you with a bit more time to get around and see everything.
Please note that given the large crowds at the last show, the venue may need to limit the number of tickets available on the door – so purchasing you tickets in advance will ensure you don’t miss the event as we do expect to sell-out in 2016.
Once you’ve bought your ticket everything you see and do at the Show is FREE including all the dog shows, seminars and presentations from speakers including Dr Chris Brown, Dr Harry Cooper, the Village Vets, Tony Knight and Laura V. Please note that Dr Chris Brown and the Village Vets are only be appearing on Saturday and Sunday in the Royal Canin Arena and on the KONG Celebrity Vet Stage.
DATES & OPENING TIMES
Friday 29th April 9.30am – 5pm
Saturday 30th April 9.30am – 5pm
Sunday 1st May 9.30am – 5pm
Royal Exhibition Building, Nicholson Street, Carlton, Victoria
Northern Entrance opposite the Museum
Eastern Entrance on Nicholson Street (No entry on Rathdowne Street)
Your all-inclusive ticket includes access to all the major attractions detailed below PLUS free advice in the Ask-A-Trainer, Ask-A-Vet and Ask-A-Groomer Zones, our special tribute to Australian Military Working Dogs, Info Wall highlighting all the dog-friendly spots in Melbourne, Doggy LEGO and free Doggy face painting for kids, 200+ Exhibitors with heaps of Free Samples & Show Specials to spoil your Dog when you arrive home!
Here’s a quick run-down of the Major Attractions:
- From the massive to the mini, the OPTIMUM Breed Showcase will provide the opportunity to compare and cuddle over 30 lovable breeds. Reputable Breed Clubs and representatives from DOGS Victoria will also be on hand to ensure visitors considering a new canine addition are equipped with all the right information.
- The Royal Canin Arena will showcase some of Australia’s most talented canines in action. From the quickest to the smartest showcasing Agility, Flyball, Frisbee, High-jump, Police and Guide Dogs with a Guinness World Record attempt!
- The CANIDAE Rescue Dog Zone is a great opportunity to meet dogs from a wide array of shelters and rescue groups around Victoria who are desperate to find loving homes. For people looking to adopt a dog, experts will be on-hand to discuss rescue and what’s really involved, the suitability of dogs available, whether it suits your lifestyle plus how you can actually start the process.
- The KONG Celebrity Vet Stage will feature some of Australia’s most respected dog experts including Dr Chris Brown, Dr Harry, the Village Vets, Tony Knight, Laura V and more, with free educational talks and interactive demonstrations to help you better understand what your dog is really thinking with advice on training & behaviour.
- Get up close and personal with dozens of beautiful dogs in the Pat-A-Pooch Zone sponsored by Channel 7. Dogs and their owners will be available to provide reliable information on each dog breed with information on what it’s like to live with each pooch whilst you get to enjoy some quality canine cuddle time in this popular feature. Includes Rescue Dogs, Working Dogs and Guide Dogs with a range of breeds from DOGS Victoria Clubs.
- Picking the perfect pooch is an important but often challenging exercise, so the Perfect Match feature will help you find the most suitable dog breeds for your lifestyle and home. Whether a young professional living in an apartment or an active, growing family with a big backyard, experts will be on hand to answer your queries with a comprehensive survey and large information posters on around 50 of Australia’s most popular breeds.