GROOMING AND PHYSICAL NEEDS
- Grooming Needs: Brush on a regular basis with a firm bristle brush, and bathe once every two weeks in the warmer months and bathe once a month in the colder months.
- Coat Type: Short, close, stiff to the touch, and glossy.
- Moulting: Moderate.
- Exercise Needs: Ensure your American Staffordshire Bull Terrier gets plenty of exercise. They like running alongside a cycle and playing ball games; they also enjoy retrieving things. Daily exercise is paramount.
- Average Life Span: 12 -14 years.
- Family: Good with children, not recommended for an inactive owner, they need a firm, confident, owner who is consistent.
- Temperament: Intelligent, happy, outgoing, stable, and confident dog. They are almost always obedient, and want nothing more then to please their family.
- Trainability: Intelligent and obedient, they need a firm, confident, owner who is consistent with their dogs training.
- Sociability (Other Pets): Low tendency to get along with other dogs or pets in the home.
- Barking: High tendency.
Make an excellent watchdog.
Prone to hip dysplasia and skin and stomach sensitivities, also subject to bloat, as any deep chested large dog. They are also prone hereditary cataracts and congenital heart disease.
Stand Number: B144