GROOMING AND PHYSICAL NEEDS
- Grooming Needs: Easily kept as it is very short, a rubber grooming mitt used once or twice weekly.
- Coat Type: The coat should be short and shiny, lying smooth and tight to the body.
- Moulting: Little.
- Exercise Needs: Does require plenty of exercise, they love to go charging around wide open spaces, chase balls and frisbees.
- Average Life Span: 7 – 10 years.
- Family: Great with children and always interested in family activities so a loving, active family that take into account a regular exercise regime will be rewarded with a lifetime of loyalty and companionship.
- Temperament: Very lively, strong, loyal, fearless and self-assured. A hardy dog full of stamina, not quick to pick a fight, but more than able to defend themselves if they have to.
- Trainability: Intelligent breed, he needs to be dominated when being trained. They are quick to learn good habits as well as the not so good ones.
- Sociability (Other Pets): Excellent with other dogs and pets.
- Barking: Medium tendency.
Excel in obedience, agility, herding or rally-o trials, fly ball, dancing with dogs, heelwork to music.
An ethical breeder will have tested both parents for TNS, CL and CEA and have had their hips and elbows scored.
Stand Number: 624