The 2022 Melbourne Dog Lovers Show will have a full COVID safe plan in place.
In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable Dog Lovers Show experience for everyone, please observe these Covid-19 guidelines:
- Physical distancing is encouraged, where possible;
Face masks are required if you are a close contact;
- Hand Sanitisers are available throughout the Show for you to use at all times;
- Elbow bump instead of shaking hands when greeting other people;
- Cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue and always wash your hands afterwards for minimum 20 seconds;
- There are no vaccination requirements for visitors to enter any MCEC venues; and
- Enhanced cleaning and hygiene routines are in place to keep things extra clean.
Additional Covid-related information:
- A strictly limited number of discount tickets were available for sale online but these prices closed prior to opening day;
- We advised dog lovers to book early to secure the discounted online ticket prices, as due to COVID-19 we had to limit the number of daily tickets available and could not guarantee tickets would be available on the door;
- Companion card holders could enter free-of-charge, but the person under care had to purchase a ticket; and
- Visitors were asked to retain their ticket upon entry as their unique QR Code could also be used to scan on i-Pads on Exhibitor stands to enter competitions, promotions and to request post-show follow-ups.
Tickets & the impact of Covid-19
- If the Event was cancelled or postponed as a result of COVID-19 requirements or restriction, then you would have received a full refund of the ticket price within 14 days of the announcement;
- If we were no longer able to accommodate you due to capacity limits as a result of COVIDsafe restrictions in place, you would have received a refund of the ticket price;
- If you were prevented from travelling to Melbourne due to State, Territory or Commonwealth government travel restrictions and you advised us you are unable to travel at least seven days before the Event (so we had enough time to offer your tickets to someone who had missed out), you may have requested a gift voucher to use at future Cat Lovers Shows (valid for 3 years from the date of purchase) or a full refund of the ticket price. Alternatively we could have facilitated a name change to permit another person to use your ticket/s at an event. All requests had to be in writing to [email protected] no later than 24 hours prior to the event commencing;
- If you or any of your group members had any COVID-19 symptoms and/or you were required to isolate (or if any of your close contacts or group members had COVID-19 symptoms) and you notified us and provided us with some evidence (e.g. a medical certificate) at least 24 hours prior to your attendance at the Event (or as soon as you could if there were valid reasons why 24 hours’ notice was not possible), you would receive a full refund of the ticket price; and
- If you booked a ticket to an event and confirmed you would comply with the Chief Health Officer directives in place at the time of the Event, and you did not comply upon arriving at a venue, you would not be entitled to a refund.