Since 2013, the Melbourne Dog Lovers Show has grown to become one of the largest festivals in the world dedicated to educating, entertaining and inspiring dog lovers.
After a 3 and a half year break it FINALLY returns from Friday 14th to Sunday 16th October 2022 at our exciting new venue – the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre (Jeff’s Shed!) in South Wharf from 9:30am to 5pm daily!
The Show will be bursting with attractions and it’s one of the best value days out in Melbourne, as once you walk through the door everything to see and do is FREE!
It’s a Victorian Government approved Covid-Safe event, but in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable Dog Lovers Show experience for everyone, please view the Covid-19 guidelines and policies on their website here.
Here’s a snapshot of the TOP THINGS YOU CAN DO AT THE SHOW:
- Meet & interact with more than 1,00 beautiful dogs over the weekend represented by 100+ breeds spread across Pet House Pat-A-Pooch, Insta-Pooch, PETstock Assist Adoption Zone and the Breed Showcase;
- Performances from talented dogs in the Vitapet Arena including The Wonderdogs and Dave Grahams ‘Ninja Dogs’ with tips for a healthier, happier hound on the Main Stage from leading dog and animal experts including Dr Katrina Warren, Kelly Gill, Lara Shannon, Rose Horton and Brodie Young;
- Get in the SPLASHZONE as Australia’s most talented aquatic dogs launch themselves into our massive 100,000-litre pool in the BlackHawk Dock Dogs which is being held indoors for the very first time;
- Shop & save with 1,000s of the latest and greatest products and services to spoil your pooch plus exclusive Show Specials and New Product launches;
- See, compare and cuddle a wide range of beautiful dogs in the Breed Showcase and the Meet the Breeds Collective both presented by DOGS Victoria Breed Clubs;
- Complete a detailed questionnaire in the Breed Selector Survey presented by Bow Wow Meow in the Perfect Match Zone to discover the most suitable breed for your lifestyle then review over fifty giant breed information posters;
- In the Pet House Pat-A-Pooch zone you can interact with a range of dog breeds with a handler providing trusted, reliable information on each dog;
- Meet dozens of beautiful Dogs needing a fur-ever home in the PETstock Assist Adoption Zone with free talks on their Adoption Stage plus watch some of Australia’s biggest K9 internet stars strut their stuff down the InstaPooch red carpet on the Main Stage;
- Showcasing incredible strength and stamina, Australian Working Dog Rescue’s K9’s will soar to new heights in the Extreme High Jump competition and its city-meets-country as real sheep are herded in the Sheepdog Speed Trials;
- In the all-new Paws & Prosecco Bar the ladies can fetch a little ‘me time’ with a glass of bubbly when the team from Clara H Nails – nail technician to the likes of Katy Perry and Serena Williams – pamper your paws.
- Chow Chow down with food trucks from some of Melbourne’s yummiest favourites plus a wide range of cafes throughout the Show;
- Stacks of activities for the kids including Doggy Face Painting, our new Glitter Selfie Wall and Funny Photo Wall in the all-new KIDS ZONE with some great bites for the little ones including hot dogs and popcorn!
MELBOURNE DOG LOVERS SHOW DETAILS
Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Wharf aka Jeff’s Shed
Entry only through Door 5 and Exit only through Door 8.
DATES: Friday 14th to Sunday 16th October 2022.
TIMES: Open from 9:30am to 5pm daily
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL THE SHOW ATTRACTIONS
CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL THE TRANSPORT AND PARKING INFO
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN YOU BRING YOUR OWN DOG(S)? CLICK HERE FOR THE POLICY
In the unlikely scenario that COVID-19 results in the cancellation or postponement of the event we will issue full refunds.
updates, alerts and offers. You can also sign up to the Dog Lovers Show Newsletter on the home page of the website here.
Jason & Sally Humphris
Sunday & Betty
The inspiration for the Show