WHAT’S ON at the 2019 event?
The Greatest Festival in the World dedicated to Dog Lovers (well, we certainly think it is!) rounded out for 2019 with around 40,000 K9-tragics attending from 3 to 5 May at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton.
It was 30% bigger with our new Outdoor Arena Zone and the whole show was literally bursting with NEW attractions with SO much love in the Show for these wonderful animals that truly enrich our lives.
We are already working on how to take the 2020 (Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd May) to the next level so if you’d like to provide us with any feedback or recommendations please email our team at [email protected]
Here’s a snapshot of the TOP 10 ATTRACTIONS at the 2019 Show (more like the top 50 things to do actually…):
- More than 950 beautiful Dogs represented by 150+ breeds throughout the show, spread across the entire show including Pat-A-Pooch, Insta-Pooch, PETstock Assist Adoption Zone and the Breed Showcase;
- 60+ K9-inspired shows informed, entertained and made better fur-parents;
- Free talks from Dr Lisa Chimes, Dr Katrina Warren, Peter Hitchener (arguably Melbourne’s biggest Dog lover!), new Bondi Vet Dr Danni Dusek and more on the new RACV Pet Insurance Stage;
- Downward Dog was a hit with the Rancan Sisters’ Adele & Lisa where visitors discovered the benefits of DOGA (Yoga with your Pooch!) and were priovided with an opportunity to take part in a DOGA session at the show with their Dog – click here to follow us on Facebook as all the details will be posted here soon;
- Australia’s most talented aquatic Dogs launched themselves into our massive 100,000-litre pool in the Black Hawk Dock Dogs;
- Visitors were wowed in the Vitapet Arena by The Wonderdogs new ‘Party Show’, the inaugural K9 Ninja Star Competition, Drag-Racing Flyball Spectacular and incredible tricksters in the UpDog Skipping Challenge;
- Meet dozens of beautiful Dogs needing a fur-ever home in the PETstock Assist Adoption Zone with talks from leading shelters Victoria-wide;
- Visitors shopped & saved with 1,000s of the latest and greatest products and services to spoil your pooch and exclusive Show Specials & New Product launches;
- We Chow Chowed down with double the number of food trucks from yummy Melbourne favourites like 400 Gradi & Miso Fresh;
- Plus there was stacks of FREE kids activities including a new Dog Art & Craft Area; Free Doggy Face Painting, Bow Wow Meow Perfect Match Zone, Street Dog Art demos, and you can find your Pawfect Human Match in the all-new Speed Dating for Dog Lovers Zone. Thousands entered the competition to WIN one of Australia’s 1st Dog-friendly Crusader Chameleon Caravans valued at $30,000!
It was the ultimate FUR-FIX destination to celebrate everything we LOVE about our Best Friends.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 8th Melbourne Dog Lovers Show at the Royal Exhibition Building from Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd May, 2020 – mark the dates in your diary now!
Jason & Sally Humphris
Co-Founders & massive Dog Lovers