Here’s a snapshot of what visitors experienced over weekend…
Hearts melted with over 500 beautiful Dogs and more than 120 breeds;
Visitors marveled at the nation’s most talented K9’s demonstrating speed and agility in the Royal Canin Arena;
The young and young at heart were thrilled by the exploits of high diving hounds in the BlackHawk DockDogs pool;
Dog Lovers learned about hundreds of breeds and help find the perfect Dog for your lifestyle;
They were wowed by talented K9’s in the inaugural Common Woof Games;
Sydney-siders learned from expert speakers and celebrity vets on the new Pet Circle Stage and got valuable tips for a healthy, happy Dog;
Discovered new tricks to teach your pooch from Australia’s leading Dog trainers;
Thousands shopped & saved with hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of Dog products & services;
Two and four legged event participants engaged with other passionate Dog lovers;
Everyone had their annual fur-fix and came to share the love at the happiest place on earth!
HERE’S A SAMPLE OF THIS WEEKENDS’ ACTION:
- The Common Woof Games in the Royal Canin Arena and the BlackHawk DockDogs pool showcased Australia’s most talented sporting canines.
- The Pet Circle Stage treated visitors to expert tips for a healthier, happier Dog. TV Star and Rescue Ambassador star Andrew Morley provided a Guide to Adopting a Dog, Dr Katrina shared tricks you can teach your Dog at home. Sydney’s own Celebrity Veterinarian and TV Host of newly launched “Vet Gone Wild” series Dr Chris Brown returned with two talks at 1:30pm and 3:15pm on the Pet Circle Stage.
- Dr Carla Paszkowski & Dr Kimberley Chainey from the Pet Circle veterinary team Sniffed out the truth – debunking common Dog myths.
- Headline shows and talks from Dr Katrina Warren, Kelly Gill & The Wonderdogs, Farmer Dave, Rodney Gooch and the 4 Paws Sports Team wowed you.
- The Black Hawk DockDogs returned as Australia’s most exciting Dog entertainment and competition with a wide range of breeds launching themselves off a dock into a massive (100,000 litre) pool of water. It also played host to the new Dueling Dogs® Wave competition as part of the Common Woof Games!
- Visitors met and learned about more Dog breeds than ever before in the expanded Breed Showcase and the Ask-A-Breeder Stage .
- Purpose bred working Rescue Dogs were put through their paces, safely moving real sheep through a course, just as they would on the farm in the Sheepdog Speed Trials.
- Visitors met, cuddled and snaped selfies with some of the ‘Doggy Stars of Instagram’ on the Insta-Pooch Red Carpet! Fans watched these K9 celebrities walk the red carpet before taking their place on giant thrones for pats and a photo op.
- Fans met the stars of Nickelodeon’s universally adored Paw Patrol on the Insta-Pooch Stage!
- Tributes to our wonderful Hero Dogs including Military, Assistance, Therapy & Working Dogs showcase the skills & abilities of our K9’s and how they contribute to our community.
- You could discover all you need to know about providing a loving home for a Dog in need in the Dog Adoption Zone, with daily talks on the Dog Adoption Stage educating visitors on how to find their furever friend.
- Information & experts were on hand to help find the right Dog for your lifestyle in the HOUNDZTOOTH Pat-A-Pooch Zone & Bow Wow Meow’s Perfect Match zones.
- Free vet, training and grooming advice from trusted experts.
- Plus loads more including The Hughenden Boutique Hotel Doggy Door Prize, FREE Face Painting and some of Sydney’s yummiest food trucks!
Don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook, ‘Follow’ us on Instagram & Twitter and friend us on Snapchat for regular updates, alerts and offers. We look forward to welcoming you to the 2018 Sydney Dog Lovers Show!
*NB- due to health and safety reasons (for Dogs and Humans!) and because it is mainly an indoor event, unfortunately we are unable to allow visitors to bring their Dogs into the Show.